Sunday, November 25, 2007

Lead Like Jesus Part 2/3

Ok! I know it was a few days soooory! I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! Mine was great!

NEWSONG: Hosanna by Paul Baloche off the CD iWorship 24:7

VERSE: Matthew 20:25-28
Jesus called them together and said, “You know the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority over them. NOT SO WITH YOU. Instead, whoever wants to be the first must be your slave – just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

THOUGHTS: Am I a leader? I would hope that all of you know that in some way, yes you are. Whether you are being a leader in postive or negative role you are in fact leading someone. The next question you must ask in this process of leading like Jesus is: Am I willing to follow Jesus as my leadership role model?

Now I don’t want to sugar coat it for you. I am not going to tell you that it is the safest, easiest, and most liked way to go. Because its not, at least by our earthly standards. To lead like Christ we must understand that our recognition, our affirmation, our fame is in fact not ours at all, but that it is all for Him. We must know that there are going to be times in our lives that the only thing we have to fall on is our faith and our trust in Christ. But that should be an encouragement! In James 1:2 it tells us “when all kinds of trials and temptations crowd into your lives, my brothers, don’t resent them as intruders, but welcome them as friends!”

But to say that we must know that He is with us and that He has a plan for us if we are willing to follow. In Jeremiah 29:11-14 it tells us “’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you.’” I love this verse because it is always an encouragement, he knows the plans for me! He wants me to succeed not necessarily in the standards of the world or our society but in the standards and the life of the Kingdom of God!

All this to say, we must be willing to accept this leadership role model through everything. Christ came to be a leader through serving others and if we are willing to follow that model than we can move onto our next step. How to lead like Jesus!

Are you willing to step into the storm, to step out into it all? Are you willing to follow one with dirty feet? Are you willing to follow Christ as your leadership example?

It’s not what you know its what you do!

Next week: How do I lead like Jesus?

No comments: