Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Christmas debt . . .

So it's coming up. . . . that time of year when you go and buy presents and you go BROKE! haha! I am trying this year to make sure that I walk out of Christmas with a plan. I have budgeted out my spending for the next month and then for the next year! It's really good! I am excited and I feel like now I have a plan and I have a specific amount that I can spend!

I think it is important that as we go into Christmas that we remember that the whole gift giving tradition and all of that is about us primarily. So because of that I think we should be good with our money. Saying that I am making it my commitment to NOT go into any debt this Christmas and walk out with some money still left over . . . . .

we'll see how that goes!!

3 comments:

Mike M. said...

I like your plan.... I think it interesting that we buy so much we end up with a bank account hangover every Christmas. I am reminded that our bank accounts reflect what's important to us.We sure do live in a society that champions Christmas as a time of buying and receiving stuff. But your blog got me thinking of the ultimate gift I received even before I was born and all the gifts I could ever receive or give during Christmas seemed to pale in comparison.

Mike M. said...

I liked your plan to budget your money during Christmas. It seems so many folks have a bank account hangover after Christmas every year. We sure do live in a society that champions giving and receiving stuff during Christmas. Your blog got me thinking of the ultimate gift Christ gave me even before I was born. Kinda' makes all other gifts pale in comparison.

Laura Ann said...

you can do it!! i know its hard...you dont have to buy me anything...so dont worry about me :o)